[Towertalk] Dow-Key dirty contacts. & SO-239 Covers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Dow-Key dirty contacts. & SO-239 Covers
From: rmoodyg@bellsouth.net (Richard M. Gillingham)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 17:28:22 -0500
Well I don't use Coax Seal.  I added that for those who do like it.
 Since I'm here in South Florida, I do see quite a bit of rain, and
using 'Stuff' and grease, I don't have trouble with water intrusion on
most outdoor connectors.  I have one that is occasionally completely
submerged, and that one is a different story. (On a ground mounted
vertical next to what passes for a 'lake' down here.) When I know that
it's likely to rain enough to submerge that one connection, I disconnect
it, put a baggy over it secured by a rubberband and support the coax and
connector upright.  When the water does rise, the connector is dry (sort
of) in the bubble, and I wait for the dove to come back with the olive
branch before unwrapping it.  ymmv....

73
Gil, W1RG