[Towertalk] Knots

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Knots
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 06:54:16 -0500
At 01:59 AM 12/22/02 -0800, Jim Smith wrote:
>Hi Don,
>
>Well, I have.  I guess you guys weren't using the 3/16" yellow
>polypropylene rope from the local hardware store.  I used some for tying
>down a tarp.  One of the lines didn't any tension on it.  Near as I can
>tell the springiness of the "rope" opened up the bowline somewhat, a
>little wind came up and, bingo, no knot.

Speaking of lousy stuff for knots, I have had a terrible time with the
monofilament fishing line in my homebrew slingshot rig (like an
EZ-hang).  With any old knots used to attach the fishing weight to the end
of the line, I find that normal spinning reel drag is enough to cause the
knots to untie, and goodbye weight.  What's a good knot to use in this
situation?  Will a bowline work or do I need something special?

73, Pete N4ZR
Happy Holidays