[Towertalk] Space Saver Dipoles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Space Saver Dipoles
From: faunt@panix.com (Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:50:10 -0500 (EST)
   From: "John von Gonten" <N5BSD@arrl.net>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
   Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:23:04 -0600

   Has anyone dealt with or know what kind of performance
   Can be had from W9INN's shortened dipoles??

   I am looking for a way to get something in the air
   To use for 160M shows to have a 71' space-saver and I am
   Trying to figure out if it would perform well, or acceptably

   I am dealing with limited space, so I have to kinda squeeze and
   compromise a bit At least until I can move to a location with more room
   and more possibilities for antenna placement.

Let me know, also.  I'm considering a longer loaded dipole for 160,
about 120 feet, to be hung with my full-sized 75M dipole.  I have
space for only the one long route for wire.

An alternative might be the W9INN 170' 160/80M dipole with the ends
hanging down.  The shorter antennas are 40/80/160M, and I don't want
interactions with the 40M rotatable dipole, which isn't far away.

W9INN has no opinions about these.

73, doug