[Towertalk] Space Saver Dipoles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Space Saver Dipoles
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:00:54 -0800
I have a W9INN 130' (or so) loaded dipole.  Not bad.  2:1 VSWR bandwidth
appears to be about 25 kHz, but even a full-sized job is only about 50 kHz.
I'm using coax to feed it, but if I was serious, I'd switch to ladder line
and let my tuner expand its bandwidth more.  Never tried the 71' long model,
but I imagine its BW would be quite small, maybe 10-15 kHz or so.  I don't
know how much suds the loading coils will take before they fry, but I've
used a kW on CW (intermittent-duty) and they seem to handle that okay.  Same
power on RTTY might create crispy critters....

WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti