[Towertalk] Yaesu G-1000DXA Rotator Problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Yaesu G-1000DXA Rotator Problem
From: mkroh@qadas.com (Mike Kroh)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:28:38 -0700
I've used my G-1000DXA for about 5 months with no problems with a
LightningBolt 2 element quad. Now the rotator only turns back and forth
about 20 degrees and pulses back and forth when it reaches the end that it
can rotate using the preset button. I've checked the thrust bearing on the
tower and it is not bound up. Does anyone know what voltages I should see on
the six pin output connector on the control box when it is working
correctly? I'm about to have to climb the 60 foot tower and take it down.
Any ideas as to what might have gone wrong? Both fuses in control box are ok
too. I understand earlier W1WEF had procedures for taking the rotator apart.
Any idea where I can find this info?

Tnx much for any help,

Mike NW7E