[TowerTalk] TH6DX "end of it's life"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH6DX "end of it's life"
From: ve6yc@shaw.ca (Peter Larsen)
Date: Sun Jan 26 12:45:14 2003
>one might want to consider where the antenna was located

This is a very valid point. I went up to the high Canadian artic for
a IOTA DX-pedition (CH8MNP) The desks and chairs that
we used had been stored out side for over 10 years. They were just
dusted off and brought back inside. They looked every bit as good
as before they went out to the stock pile.
Too cold and dry for any kind of  deterioration. (The artic is a desert)

OTOH I picked up a KT34xa (for VE6AO) from Namibia that was about
5 years old.
It had to be completely rebuilt and still isn't up.

Peter
VE6YC