[TowerTalk] Gloves for Winter Antenna Work

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gloves for Winter Antenna Work
From: joe@xyz.net (Joe - WL7M)
Date: Tue Jan 28 23:19:24 2003
Balderdash - we Alaskans WAIT for the temperatures to drop to 20 below
before we START working on antenna projects.  We hold the wires in our bare
teeth, and touch our tongues to the towers for added support so we don't
fall off.  Gloves?  We don't need no stinkin' gloves....... ;-)  Well, I've
found that I can find some good gloves at Costco, made of washable leather,
that work pretty well.  Not as fancy as described below, but they
work.  Protect well, and they are supple at very cold temperatures.

I actually put my Mosley Pro 57B-40 on the tower at -20, and worked on my
satellite antennas recently at -40 windchill.  Ya gotta be tough (or maybe
a tad daft) to live up here and suffer like this for the hobby!  ;-)

73,
Joe
WL7M
Fritz creek, Alaska