[TowerTalk] Relays

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Relays
From: sm3wmv@bredband.net (Mikael Larsmark)
Date: Tue Feb 25 12:16:54 2003
Hello!

I wonder what kind of relays should I pick when building antenna
switches. The coax relays are to expensive so that is not an option.

I have actually used car relays for a while and they seem to work
quite ok. I would like to know though what ratings should I suppose
to look after? How many amps, the width between the "connectors"
etc. should they handle? Of course this depends on how much
SWR and power I'm using but if I say that they should handle
1.5kW and an SWR of 2:1, atleast!?!

//Mike (SM3WMV // SM3W)