[TowerTalk] 40 meter antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 meter antennas
From: k3lr@k3lr.com (Tim Duffy K3LR)
Date: Fri Apr 4 10:08:50 2003
The 6 dB difference that I described is not what the computer models
say, it is my real world observation on the majority of DX signals where
I have made received signal comparisons. One of the nice things about
the Cushcraft comparison antenna is that it is at 140 ft which is very
close to the mean height of the 4 over 4 stack. So that keeps the main
take off angle of the two antennas very close and allows for a very good
comparison.

73,
Tim K3LR