[TowerTalk] Location

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Location
From: ww5l@gte.net (Tom Anderson)
Date: Mon Apr 7 15:48:49 2003

Fellow Tower Talkians:

When we bought our current QTH in 1992 our Realtor worked with us like
crazy trying to find areas that didn't have deed restrictions, CC&R's or
a Homeowner's Association.  Besides that he also kept us from making an
offer on several dogs of a house that had structural or foundation
problems not disclosed in the MLS books.

Nice thing was he just gave my XYL Cheryl (WY5H) his current Multiple
Listing Service book and let her look through it at her leisure. When
we'd find something that looked interesting he'd arrange an appointment,
etc.

When we found the house we wanted he even went to the county courthouse
and got a copy of the deed abstract for us to examine before making an
offer so we could check ourselves for any CC&Rs and he found out the HOA
had disbanded years ago.  He even called the city code people for us
about tower height restrictions and he wasn't even a ham, but he
probably could have been after working with us about six weeks before we
found the right house.  PS We have a 50 ft. TriEX crankup in the
backyard.

Tom, WW5L