[TowerTalk] Above the Thrust Bearing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Above the Thrust Bearing
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Tue Apr 8 15:04:21 2003
McMaster Carr (www.mcmaster.com) has .025" x 6" x 12"
teflon-garolite sheets, but they are $42.00 each (ouch!!). They
also have .063" x 12" x 12" ultra-high molecular weight
polyethylene sheets (as suggested by W6RMK) for $2.94 each,
but the UV resistant variety is only seems to be available in 0.25"
thick sheets (probably not very flexible). They have a lot of
other materials available and a good search engine on their
website.

Seems like the metal shim stock (brass or aluminum) would be
an inexpensive and effective choice as well.