Fwd: Re: [TowerTalk] Above the Thrust Bearing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: Re: [TowerTalk] Above the Thrust Bearing
From: rhodes@evertek.net (Jim Rhodes)
Date: Tue Apr 8 18:42:38 2003
Why so high tech. The plastic that an ordinary milk jug is made from would
last a long time, especially if the exposed part was given a wrap or 2 of
88. Teflon is great stuff, but this is not a high speed bearing we are
talking about. And like several other, I think the wear is not from
rotational friction, but back & forth slop so using a bushing made out of
this type of stuff should wear as good as teflon.