[TowerTalk] CC D40

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CC D40
From: n4gi@tampabay.rr.com (Blake Meinecke)
Date: Wed Apr 16 22:30:55 2003
"splitting the difference" betweend the CW and MID settings works OK unless
you've got a picky amp or newer tranceiver that dramatically reduces power
with increased SWR......Or if you like to hang out in the 40m novice
frequencies.

I set mine up that way to start.  I had more hot amp air in the shack (and
2:1 SWR) no matter which mode I was working.  Easy remedy; I took it down
and optimized it for CW after a few months.  Shack stays a little cooler, at
least on CW (maybe it's just psychological).

All I ever hear is strange music above 7.150 anyhow :-)

YMMV
Blake N4GI