[TowerTalk] Old World Thinking-guying self supporting towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Old World Thinking-guying self supporting towers
From: w0hh@msn.com (w0hh@msn.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 20:24:46 2003
Gentlemen,

I cant even come close to imagining why someone would pay the price for a
perfectly good self-supporting tower, which has been designed by a real
engineer, and then .? it up with unsightly guy wires.
I assume that we are talking about a tower that is in most cases not higher
than 60-70 feet. If one is afraid of their self-supporting tower, then get rid
of it or find another hobby. Towers are not for the timid. I just climbed mine
and put Old Glory at 65', not a guy wire one and never will be either. Sounds
downright un-American!

73, Tom W0HH