[TowerTalk] A4S Traps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A4S Traps
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Sat May 3 01:30:24 2003

> Recently our club got a used and disassembled A4S. There are no
> markings remaining on the traps.
> 1. how can you distinguish a 15 meter TC trap from a a TB trap.
> 2. how can you distingush a 10 meter TD trap from a TE trap.
> 3. how can you determine the direction to install the 10 meter TD
> and TE traps.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave,

Do you have a grid dip meter?  You can find the pairs by using a grid dip
meter off the end of each trap.

I tore down an A3 7 hyears ago and wrote up my procedure as well as received
some advise and information from a friend and from Cushcraft.

I've posted it on my website at http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u/a3refurb.txt

73,
dale, kg5u