[TowerTalk] grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] grounding
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Wed May 21 23:45:10 2003
>Most hams in houses don't  have all these options and disconnecting
>everything isn't real expensive.   Again, this isn't meant to advocate
>giving up and doing nothing, it's just to make the point that these
>extensive, extremely thorough techniques seem to come from folks
>who aren't in touch with every day ham life.

As to every day ham life ...

There's another side of this ... try living in a nice wide open area, one
where your towers are the highest points ... and being hit several times
with varying amount of damage ... and filing such with your insurance
company. Been there, done that, and was canceled after many years
with the same firm. THEN try to get 'reasonable' insurance ... <sigh>

I then invested into much Polyphaser equipment, and worked with their
engineer who is also a ham who provided me much welcome advice
as to "doing it right" this time.

Since then ... ZERO problems here ... and also was able to use the better
protection to obtain reasonable insurance again. If I was doing it over, I'd
done this when we first moved out here many moons ago ...

Just another data point ...

73 Billy AA4NU