[TowerTalk] 40m rotatable dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40m rotatable dipole
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Sun Jun 22 13:17:22 2003
I wonder if it would be possible to gamma match the boom
of the SteppIR antenna for 40 and 30 meters. Does anyone
know if the parasitic elements are grounded to the boom?
If so, it might be possible to use a fixed gamma and then
just adjust the element lengths for a match on the lower
frequencies. That would be really cool if you could pull it off.
The trick would be keeping the RF off the control cables for
the stepper motors.