[TowerTalk] Is my 5 el 10 detuning my 4 el 40? ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Is my 5 el 10 detuning my 4 el 40? ?
From: k3lr@k3lr.com (Tim Duffy K3LR)
Date: Mon Jul 7 18:23:22 2003
Scott:

I had a 7 ele 10 mounted 8 ft above a KLM  4 ele 40 for 10 years. No problems
with either antenna concerning interaction.

Sure looks like your antenna is not connected to the feedline, or there is a
short in the feed system. You mentioned adding insulators to the feed system.
Are you sure those insulators ar
RF (7 MHz) OK? If they are black and are not designed to be and RF insulator
they may have high carbon content (makes black color) which can make them a
poor RF insulator and cause the feed
system to go crazy.
I used lots of different 4:1 baluns with the antenna, the best was a 1/2 wave
4:1 single band coax balun.

I have lots of experience with the 4 ele 40 (It drove me nuts because it always
needed something fixed, but I still have 2 of them in the barn!). Let me know
if I can help.

73,
Tim K3LR