[TowerTalk] Boom Support Guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Boom Support Guys
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jul 8 19:46:01 2003
regates@kingwoodcable.com writes:

>  This is potentially six
>  lengths of wire, and one area that is still not addressed is that of
torque
> on
>  the boom, but which can occur in varying degrees.

Too complicated.
I have built 62 ft booms for my Razors (Quad Yagi combination) using only one
philistran guy on the top. Guy was attached about 2/3 out at the half of the
boom and at the mast place it was attached to short "mast" - piece of pipe
mounted on the boom to mast plate. Boom material was tapered, telescoping
tubing
starting with 3" dia 1/4 wall at the center and tapering down to abt 2" at the
ends.
It was easy to assemble on the ground and just lift it to place and put
through the boom to mast bolts. No need to wrestle with too many guys.
Some people use three guys on the boom, but I preferred "my way".
Welcome back!

Yuri, K3BU, VE3BMV