[TowerTalk] Antenna Stacking Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Stacking Question
From: k3lr@k3lr.com (Tim Duffy K3LR)
Date: Wed Jul 16 14:59:09 2003
I wrote a detailed 2 part stacking article that was published in CQ Contest
magazine five years ago. I don't have a copy, but Comtek Systems does and it
details the baluns that I use. The
Amidon part number and coax choice for both 75 and 50 ohms is listed in the
article. They were designed by W0IYH and I built and tested them using my HP
Network Analzyer. I have tested
every available commercial balun and the IYH choke baluns work much better than
any of them. I use them for lots of applications throughout my antenna farm.

The article also has lots of hints for stacking 2 and 3 high stacks as well as
a full design for the RF switch box I use for all of my stacks (which Comtek
now sells).

You can obtain information on the baluns and stacking information from Comtek
at 704-542-4808.

I have no financial interest in any product Comtek sells.

73,
Tim K3LR
http://www.k3lr.com