[TowerTalk] SS "U" bolts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SS "U" bolts
From: ac7nj@donobi.net (ac7nj@donobi.net)
Date: Fri Jul 18 17:11:28 2003
1) Stainless steel and aluminum don't get along (galvanic corrosion)
and the SS galls up the threads when over tightened. Galvanized
hardware is by far superior.
2) SS is not strong just resistant to corrosion.
3) The best solution is same metals throughout, aluminum hardware
will hold better and resist corrosion better than dissimilar metals
particularly in a harsh environment.

Randy
AC7NJ