[TowerTalk] Repairing PVC?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Repairing PVC?
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Thu Jul 24 20:32:33 2003
assuming the splice is 2 1/16" (in joke - ignore)

get a splice for 4" pvc, the usual kind when you wanna put two lengths
together - a "double female"....

saw it in half lengthwise so you have two half moon pieces...

remove the bump in the middle of the splice, this is a "stop" so you do
not over-insert it during normal operation...easiest way to remove it is
with a dremel tool or similar and buzz it off, a file will do in a pinch...

glue it onto the side of existing PVC over the trouble spot - put a few
wraps of tape around it 'til the glue cures so it don't slide on you...

that will give you an unadulterated pipe...

73,

Jim, K4OJ