[TowerTalk] Mast Collars

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast Collars
From: aa6dx@pacbell.net (AA6DX)
Date: Mon Aug 4 19:03:25 2003
Well .. here comes the non-engineer solution .. I used HEAVY DUTY stainless
hose clamps for that.  Never had a problem.  Of course, that depends on the
weight of the mast, and if you've stuck an 8? M  3 el mono on top I would
not recommend!  A schedule 8? 21' mast worked out OK though...
Shucks .. standing by for important flames!  HIHI..