[TowerTalk] Mast Collars

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast Collars
From: wa2bpe@infoblvd.net (WA2BPE)
Date: Mon Aug 4 20:51:59 2003
...Came in late to your discussion, but for permanent use (like to stay in
place for a few years or more), consider two-piece clamp-on shaft collars.
These are available in steel,
stainless steel, aluminum, etc. and are available up to at least 3" bore.  They
aren't cheap, however, but will do a superior job.  They can be found in the
McMaster-Carr cat. (probably
other places too)  under "shaft collars".  These have the advantage of not
putting a setscrew divot on a mast and if supporting a load on a bearing, the
force is evenly distributed.

I, too,  would use muffler clamps for temporary use (as, e.g., in an assembly
procedure)..

73,

Tom - WA2BPE