[allowed] Re: [TowerTalk] Old coax connectors . . .

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [allowed] Re: [TowerTalk] Old coax connectors . . .
From: steveac@charter.net (Steve)
Date: Tue Aug 5 13:58:11 2003
Thanks everyone for the advice and information. Sorry to take a few days
getting back to this, was distracted by another (radio) project.

Most of my old connectors are evidently silver plated. Their finish is
dulled by the years but they solder rather easily with a moderate
wattage iron.

Someone inquired as to the interior insulating material. The SO-239's
have a brown material, looks like bakelite. The male-male barrels,
female-female barrels and 90-degree male-female connectors appear to
have plastic dielectric. On some of the connectors I can see through the
plastic, on most it is an off-white that I cannot see through.

What I get out of this discussion is that these are oldies but goodies.
  I'll put 'em to use!

Thanks again,

Steve