[TowerTalk] Broadband over Power Line Video

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Broadband over Power Line Video
From: wa3gin@erols.com (David Jordan)
Date: Thu Aug 7 09:48:46 2003
MCI was the first company to create agreements with the power companies
in the USA to allow them to run fiber inside the center of the static
wires that run along the tops of the transmission towers. Those wires
are  hollow and provide a perfect space to run fiber.  These agreements
gave MCI a great lead in completing it's fiber network.  The joint
agreements also provided bandwidth to the power companies for monitoring
the health of the power distribution networks, etc.

It's a good idea that is over 20yrs old,
dpj