RE: [TowerTalk] Re: using trees to anchor wire antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Re: using trees to anchor wire antennas
From: "Doug Rehman" <rehman@surveil.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:51:54 -0400
As a variation on the bow and arrow, I have been using a pistol crossbow
(about $12-$15 on eBay). I drill a very small hole in the end of the bolt
(arrow) and tie a fishing line through it. The fishing line connects to a
spin casting reel (closed face) that I set a few feet in front of me on the
ground. The aluminum bolts seem to work better than the plastic ones.

As with the bow and arrow, make sure that it is clear down range; those
little bolts can go a really long way...

Doug
K4DDR