[TowerTalk] Rohn/Spalding 60 ft antenna

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn/Spalding 60 ft antenna
From: Tom Anderson <ww5l@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:55:38 -0500
Fellow Tower Talkians:

A friend of mine, Bill, W5SJ, who is also president of the Lone Star DX
Association, now lives in Fort Smith AR (a tower friendly city he says)
and has decided to put up his Rohn/Spalding 64 ft. self supporting
tower.  Bill has since misplaced the drawings, etc. and was wondering if
anyone knew where he could get a set of plans and what size the base
needed to be.  I knew someone on TT probably had one of these towers or
was familiar with them, even though the tower is probably 30 years old.
Bill says the tower is in excellent shape and he can't wait to get it on
the air.   From the way Bill described it to me, the Rohn/Spalding tower
he has seems similar to the Rohn BX/HDBX series since it tapers to about
6-8 inches at the top.  He is considering one of the Tennadyne log
periodics

73 de
Tom, WW5L/7P8TA

PS: Anyone who worked me in July as 7P8TA and has mailed me their card,
all cards received (about 100 of them) were answered and mailed Monday
night as my full color QSL cards arrived Monday morning.