RE: [TowerTalk] C31-XR versus KT36XA

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] C31-XR versus KT36XA
From: "Bryan Rambo" <bryanr@bometals.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 05:11:38 -0400
Ward, thanks for your careful explanation below.  And again, I didn't mean
to imply that you had botched data in the tribander report.  Sorry for not
being more precise with my words :-(

I wonder if it was ever confirmed that the KT34-XA used in the report was
indeed one of the units with defective tubing?  The reason I ask is that it
is very easy to put one of those antennas together wrong.  As evidence of
that, look in the ARRL Antenna Book (editions 17,18,19) in chapter 22 and
take a gander at the KT34-XA depicted there.  Three of the elements are
mounted backward on the boom!!!

73 - Bryan W4WMT