[TowerTalk] Cadweld, Ultraweld, etc

To: "(Reflector) TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cadweld, Ultraweld, etc
From: "Jerry Keller" <k3bz@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:07:48 -0400
My ground system presently uses clamps, but I want to improve it. After
checking the erico and harger websites, I'm not clear on what I need to weld
my ground wire to the ground rods. I have several different configurations:
(a) single #4 solid terminating at a 5/8 rod
(b) single #4 solid connecting to 5/8 rod and continuing ("TEE")
(c) single #4 stranded terminating at 5/8 rod
(d) single #4 stranded connecting to 5/8 rod and continuing ("TEE")
(e) two (or more) #4 solid or stranded terminating at one 5/8 rod

Is there any significant difference...pros, cons.... between a "cadweld" and
an "Ultraweld"?
Do I need several different "molds" for these connections? If so, does
someone have the correct model numbers?
Is there any other equipment needed?
I would think these things come with instructions, so I'm not concerned with
the "how to" right now. I guess what I need is a rundown on "what to buy and
where to buy it" from someone who has been there.

Jerry K3BZ