Re: [TowerTalk] 160 Meter Antenna on a City Lot

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>,Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 Meter Antenna on a City Lot
From: "Chris BONDE" <ve7hcb@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 16:36:56 -0700
What I am trying to do to see if it works.

Making ladderline, almost finished.

I have a pole about 30ft, to be guyed at 20ft, then guys and antenna at 30ft.
Both
top guys at right angles to the wire, one of which will be the carrier for the
ladder
line.  Now the antenna wire.  From the centre 30ft mast down to a 20ft mast
(both
sides) about 30ft, then at a slight angle so that I have a "Z" with the ends.
This will
give me about 60ft for both sides, 80m dipole.  Then I plan on making some sort
of
understand that most of the radiation takes place in the mid-section of the
dipole as
that is where the current is, and less further on the wire, in fact 50% is in
about 33%
of the antenna (Sine wave).  If I get it up and the loading figured out I think
that I
shall have a great cloud warmer on 160m and not a bad on 80 and maybe
something on 40.  Using a balanced tuner, with the last part of the line being
2
pieces of TV coax.

Think it will work?
Chris opr VE7HCB