RE: [BULK] - [TowerTalk] Interaction between 2 Inverted Els

To: "'Wes Attaway (N5WA)'" <wes@attawayinterests.com>,'Jerry Keller' <k3bz@arrl.net>,"(Reflector) TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [BULK] - [TowerTalk] Interaction between 2 Inverted Els
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:46:38 -0700
Hi Wes,

This surely depends on the inverted-L vertical-to-horizontal length ratio
more than anything else.  I usually go 165' overall, with 40' vertical and
125' horizontal, installed over a lot of radials at the feedpoint, and
usually use a tree limb w/rope to support the vertical part.  Works pretty
well on both 160 and 80, compared with dipoles, inverted vees and
prefabricated verticals (Butternut, etc), but I've had nothing else to
compare to!  Probably a dipole up 100' would work better, but I don't have
any way to get one up that high....  -WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill