[TowerTalk] Anchor bolt rust protection?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Anchor bolt rust protection?
From: k0myw@att.net
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:24:46 +0000
A recent inquiry regarding base grout prompts me to ask a related question
that probably reveals mild paranoia on my part...

After grouting between the concrete pad and base plate of my HDX-555, the
only part of the three anchor bolts left exposed are the very ends above the
nuts. These exposed ends rust, of course.

Should I consider this rust an evitable patina? Or should I be concerned that
such rust could lead, over time, to structural weakening of the bolts?

If the latter be the case, what remedies are recommended to protect the bolt
ends from such rust?

73,
Mike, KØMYW