Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR 40/30 and loading

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR 40/30 and loading
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:50:56 EST
In a message dated 11/5/03 12:45:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tongaloa@alltel.net writes:
<<Interesting charts, but in the real world wouldn't one be comparing
antennas to which equal
power is delivered rather than antennas with equal currents at the
current maximum?

-Bob
ah7i<<

In examples and comparisons we would feed the same power, at the base of the
quarter wave antenna, loaded or otherwise we will get the same current. What
happens to it along its "travels" along the radiator, that's what defines
efficiency. The longer portion of the radiator radiating maximum possible
current,
the better efficiency, more signal out.
ON4UN explains that nicely using cosine formula.

Yuri