RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR 40/30 and loading

To: <K3BU@aol.com>, <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR 40/30 and loading
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 14:01:10 -0500

> So the subject is current across the loading coil in a quarter
> wave or 90 deg. radiator or element. Once we master and agree
> on that, if possible, implement it in modeling software, then
> the sky and wire is the limit.

There isn't (or should not be) much disagreement about the current
in a coil.  Quite simply, unless there is a significant loss -
either I^2R or radiation - the current into and out of a coil must
be the same.  After all, a coil is a passive device and can neither
create energy (increase current) or destroy energy (make current
"disappear").

Your real effort should be to develop a model that will adequately
explain the loss and/or radiation.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK