[TowerTalk] to piggy back or not to piggyback

To: "Towertalk submital" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] to piggy back or not to piggyback
From: "bruce makas" <k1my@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:58:44 -0700
I currently have several R45 100 foot towers and want to add some smaller
towers for UHF work. My question involves guy points.

I have the heavy duty Rohn guy anchors (I think they are 5/8" or so in
diameter by 6 feet long) embedded in concrete per the book for the 100 foot
towers. I'd like to avoid more investment in backhoes and concrete. Since
the new towers will only be 60 feet of R25 and will have a small footprint
on top (UHF antenna), can I use the existing guy point for one of my
anchors. The angle is all wrong but I would think that it would work.

What do you think?

73, Bruce K1MY