[TowerTalk] Crank-up won't crank

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank-up won't crank
From: David Greer <davidgreer73@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:49:46 -0800 (PST)
I went outside Wednesday evening to crank down my new
U.S. Tower 55 ft. tower because of the high winds. It
wouldn't crank down or up. Not an inch. I had
previously lowered and raised it on several occasions
without incident. Phone calls Thursday to U.S. Tower
and Fulton, the winch manufacturer, yielded pleasant
tech support people but no real answers. There were
some suggestions about visually inspecting the winch
and the tower for any defects. Did the wind bend the
tower? Is something hanging it up? Anything wrong with
the winch brake pads? I've visually inspected
everything but see nothing wrong. U.S. Tower sent me a
list of professional installers and suggested I
contact one. I live about 80 miles south of Cincinnati
in Frankfort, Ky. The closest one on their list is
near Columbus, Ohio.  Anyone know an "expert" any
closer than Columbus, Ohio, probably a 4-hour drive
from here?

73, Dave, N4KZ

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree