RE: [TowerTalk] Horizontal + Vertical Polarization Question

To: <RLVZ@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Horizontal + Vertical Polarization Question
From: "Richard Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:27:18 -0800
> Has anyone experimented with feeding both a horizontally polarized and
> vertically polarized antenna simultaneously on HF?  Such as,
> feeding a horizontally
> polarized yagi and a  vertical on 20, 15, or 10 meters?

I haven't done that, but I have done a fair amount of A/B'ing
of a 20 meter ground mounted vertical vs an inverted vee at 60
feet.  More often than not, one is better than the other,
but it's equally likely to be either one.  If you could
feed both without destructive interference (and that
assumption is by no means assured), then you would get
a diversity effect and reduce QSB.

I have also A/B'ed 2 verticals 800 feet apart and QSB
on them is different (one may be up while the other is
down, etc).

Hope that helps.

Rick N6RK