Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal + Vertical Polarization Question

To: "Richard Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal + Vertical Polarization Question
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 14:13:41 -0500
TT:

     I have seen similar performace differences on Topband between my
shunt-fed tower with seven radials and my erstwhile 160M inverted L with a
half-mile of radials (!) and the vertical element 45 feet long.  My tower
hears and talks about 5-10 dB better than the L ever did.  (Although an L is
certainly a cheaper alternative than putting up a tower, Hi Hi.)

     FWIW.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F