[TowerTalk] Need simple antenna modeling....

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need simple antenna modeling....
From: Dino Darling <k6rix@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:30:45 -0800
Hello!

I would like to build this antenna THIS week!...

http://members.aol.com/k5oejerry/eggbeater2.htm

Would someone model this antenna using 4ga copper for 2 meters? Jerry states that 10ga is a minimum and I expect the size of the rectangle loops to change with the larger diameter wire. I need to know the NEW rectangle dimensions centered for 145.240Mhz.

The phasing line will be Belden 9269 (84% velocity factor; 93 ohm). What is the correct LENGTH for this phasing line with the new antenna? Also, the specs say that this coax will handle 750 volts RMS. My calculations converting that to RF WATTS is wrong. How many watts will this coax handle? I need some education here!

Thank you!!!

Dino...k6rix@earthlink.net