[TowerTalk] Update to WAAY Tower failure

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Update to WAAY Tower failure
From: "Chuck Lewis" <clewis@knology.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:01:16 -0600
In early September we had a short thread about the WAAY-TV tower collapse
here in Huntsville, AL. Many of you have noted interest in failure analysis
info if available. I've been monitoring the "Tower-Pro" reflector (similar
to "TowerTalk but aimed more at professionals, and a good source of generic
safety info) for any follow-up data. Today there was a link on "Tower-Pro"
to an OSHA comment relevant to this accident:
http://www.comtrainusa.com/news.htm ; see the 11-26-03 article. It's hardly
definitive, and pretty non-committal, but does indicate a trail OSHA is
following.

Although it's a huge stretch to compare our ham towers with this big stick,
there's enough pertinent stuff here to warrant a look.

73,
Chuck, N4NM