Re: [TowerTalk] N4XM Match Info request

To: Dale Martin <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N4XM Match Info request
From: david jordan <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 08:51:24 -0500
HAHA,

If one can afford $1,000 for a tuner one can afford to buy an antenna that doesn't need one!

Have Fun,
dave
wa3gin

Dale Martin wrote:

Like the old saw:

If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

:-)

Didn't someone say below to plan on spending over $1k?  If one can afford
that, one can likely afford a telephone call to find out exactly how much it
costs.

73,
dale, kg5u

http://n4xm.myiglou.com/

I don't see the price and it costs $3 for more info by snail mail?

I have not heard of this tuner can someone point me to some

information on

it. Thank You N9IWW

I agree

The N4XM Xmatch is the best tuner especially for low band. This tuner

tunes

160 no matter what.   Plan on spending over $1K and love it.
73 Dave K4JRB

Something to contemplate, in line with the comment about whether a

kilobuck

is appropriate for a high power tuner...

The tuner's a pretty important part of the "system". If you've spent

$3K

on

the rig, $2 or 3K on the tower, another kilobuck on the antenna, a few
hundred on decent coax, etc. $1K on the tuner might not be

all that bad

an

investment.