[TowerTalk] KT-34A

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KT-34A
From: Jerry <grf@uneedspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 07:47:52 -0700
I just obtained a used KT-34A because the price was right (free).  Looks
to be in great shape, but I'm still going to purchase the M2 rehab kit.
   The balun needs to be replaced however (broken).  M2 wants $119 for
the replacement while other 4:1 baluns can be purchased for considerbly
less (in the $20-30 range).  Would this be a mistake?  Would I be buying
a problem or do I get what I'm paying for?  Anyone have any helpful tips?
Tnx
Jerry France
K7LY