Re: [TowerTalk] 160M inverted L

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160M inverted L
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 10:21:07 EST
Jerry

Feed the L at the top center and forget about radials.  See Cebik's article
about top fed Ls at http://www.cebik.com/ltv.html

Run as much wire as you can and then bend it back -- linear loading.  The
references I have seen on linear loading tout it as a very efficient method of
lengthening the antenna.

You can feed with ladder line to a 1:1 current balun and then coax to the
tuner in the shack.

I have 100 feet of wire horizontal with the center 50 feet high.  The
vertical section is also 100 feet of wire but doubled back up since it is only
50
feet to the top.

I have found this antenna to be good for 160.  It beats the "shorty" coil
loaded dipole I had at the same height by a wide margin.

Radio k4ia
Craig "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA