[TowerTalk] Antenna Tuner XMatch

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Tuner XMatch
From: "Rick" <richardw@mho.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 09:47:37 -0700
As far as the XMatch tuner, I have had one for about 2 years and it is well
worth the $1095 price.  .

My need for a tuner was to increase the freq range on a pair of phased
verticals on 160.   Previous to acquiring the XMatch,  I had tried both the
Ameritron ATR-30 and the MFJ 989C.
Both were "junk" on 160 mtrs.   Arcing problems on the roller inductor and
"extremely tight" tuning were the main problems with both.

Also, if you take a look at the product review in the Mar 97 QST, you will
see the efficiency of XMatch "beats the pants" off all the other tuners
tested.

If you have any interest in 160M,  the XMatch is the only tuner that I would
recommend.

Dick K8ZTT
Franktown CO