Re: [TowerTalk] Bulkhead Source

To: <WarrenWolff@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Gene Smar" <ersmar@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bulkhead Source
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:59:47 -0500
Two additional reactions.

  1.. When having my house built, I found that the county was reluctant to
issue a building permit for towers, they being "accessory structures," until
there was something for them to be accessory to.  They wanted the house
building permit before they would give the tower permit.  I didn't push it.  I
could have maybe gotten the permit once I had the house permit but before the
final "use and occupancy permit," but I decided to keep things simple and just
wait 'til the house was totally and absolutely done and I was in.  I am sure
this will vary widely from one county or region to another.
  2.. In discussing with my builder having him do tower holes and concrete, I
found it would be more expensive that way -- he would be tacking on his own
handling fee for being involved.  It would save some money and keep things
simpler to not clutter up the construction of the house itself (and his mind)
by adding this.  I can see there would be the advantage, though, of "getting it
done" that way and avoiding procrastination and distractions, etc. that may
creep in otherwise (I don't have any towers up yet!).
73 - Rich, KE3Q