Re: [TowerTalk] Re: One more ground radial question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: One more ground radial question
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:16:13 +0100
Yes but 4 wl long you will start to "modify" the
far field and brewster angle would get smaller.
What you then did would not be relevant for anything
but your QTH, i e your type of far field...conductivity
etc etc.
If we consentrate only on the near field I still
wounder if you really can benefit much from haveing
more radials in one direction (i e 5 or 10 degree sector
forexample), I´m not convinced.
If so you could stretch the example further. Lets say
someone just likes to work one direction, he then
puts lets say 90% of the radials in that direction,
well well....no I´m not convinced.

73 Jim SM2EKM
-------------------------

Richard Karlquist wrote:

I put up a 20 meter vertical with closely
spaced radials 4 wavelengths long spread over about
60 degrees centered on Europe.  I A/B'ed it
with an ordinary vertical.  The vertical with the
long radials had an advantage of perhaps 3 dB
vs the ordinary vertical toward Europe (a
just discernable difference).  In other directions,
it had no advantage.  Not what I would call
gangbusters.

Rick N6RK

(A report on this and other vertical experiments
is on my web site www.n6rk.com)

,