Re: [TowerTalk] Re: HD73 Rotor Control Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: HD73 Rotor Control Question
From: Tom Horton <k5iid@ntelos.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 02:03:48 +0000
Kelley,
 CQ ran an article about  an outboard controller that was designed to
control the HD-73. It required a few mods to the controller and also
required another complete circuit to be built.
 I built it and it worked quite well.  It was a bit touchy to align but seemed
to do quite well! Wish I had one for my Yaesu rotor.
 I may dig the old HD-73 back out some day.
 I'm not sure when the article came out, but know it was between
 Jan 1989 and 1993.
Good luck. If you happen to find it, please let me know. I'd like to
get a copy of it.
73, Tom K5IID