Re: [towertalk] Permits

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [towertalk] Permits
From: wb4mle@surfbest.net
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 23:56:02 -00
>If I had a neighbor within a 1/4 mile I would get some kind of
>permit.

An acceptable alternative to CYA may be to apply for a permit with
complete plot plan (approximately to scale with ACCURATE distances
shown) and description of tower/anchors/bases. A copy of this
application with a "Permit not Required" or similar notation SIGNED
by the Building Official is pretty good insurance.

A further note: If applicable laws exempt the tower/antenna, get a
certified copy of the applicable code/law from the local City Clerk
or equivalent and file it with your important papers also.