Re: [TowerTalk] pucker factor; installing masts in towers

To: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] pucker factor; installing masts in towers
From: kb9cry@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:26:51 +0000
For my two self supporting towers, we had a crane so I attached the antennas to
the masts before hoisting and just lowered the whole assembly from the top
down.  For the 120 ft. Rohn 45 we just put up this fall, I installed the mast
into the bottom section before we built the tower (gin pole method) and then
ran the hoist line down through the top section from the gin pole and pulled
the mast up through the inside of the tower.  Good strong masts are very heavy
and yes unless you really know what you're doing up top, one can hurt
themselves.

Practice on the ground so you know what to expect up top.  Phil  KB9CRY